On this page you'll find helpful links and resources to get
your own Ireland genealogy research started.
Ireland Pages - The GENUKI
has added pages for Ireland to provide information related
to the entire "Island of Ireland". These pages
as with the rest of GENUKI, are organized according to the
historic and administrative boundaries, rather than present-day
ones. (From the GENUKI -Ireland main page :)
- Irish Surname lists - Surname lists maintained
by the county hosts are available for public posting. They
often lead you to others who are researching the same lines
and can share information with you. Invaluable to the inexperienced
researcher, they give you links, networking ability and
leads to information concerning your own family.
- The Beginning. During the spring term of 1997, we were
all participants in an excellent on-line introductory course
in genealogy, taught at Virtual University by Marthe Ahrends.
Part of the course process was to form study groups by interests.
We were all interested in tracing Irish roots. As this group
bonded, we selected the name "Fianna" for both
our group and the result of some of our on-line researches,
the web page Fianna: Irish History and Ancestry.
- A great newsgroup for finding out information about availability
of records and for sharing information with others. Associated
newsgroup is soc.genealogy.ireland.
- Ireland Surname list to share information about surnames
you are researching in Ireland and general information about
links and emigration/ Associated newsgroup is soc.genealogy.surnames.ireland.
- Surname list for Ireland sharing information with others
around the world about surnames you are researching.
- Similar to IRELAND-L this server also answers questions
about general research and does lookups for others.
- A listserver serving people of Northern Ireland and Scotch-Irish
ancestry. Great for lookups and sharing information!
- An excellent list server for finding out information about
specific ships, passengers, and ports of entry. The members
are very knowledgeable and thorough and willing to share
information. Very heavy mail so be careful when you subscribe!
Put only the word 'subscribe' in the message text to subscribe
to this group.